The versatile data and connectivity layer
Smartpick I/O is the data exchange & connectivity layer supporting all Smartpick products and implementations. Its connectivity and logic features make it a great tool to build powerful integration solutions.
Why use Smartpick I/O ?Efficient warehouses are a collaboration of diverse systems to reach the required efficiency. Flexible and universal connectivity is no longer an aspect that arises automatically, but needs to be managed by dedicated solutions. This allows new or alternative building blocks in the warehouse to be adopted without changing the I/O aspects of the existing setup. The interconnectivity features of Smartpick I/O, in combination with the option to efficiently add business or process logic at the connectivity level makes it well suited as a core building block in a modern warehouse environment.
- Connect modern peripherals such as Smartglasses, HUDs, glove-scanners, ...
- Prototype operator logic while hardly changing any WMS code
- Build a message-distribution system to inform operators of events in the warehouse, using Smartglasses, screens, projectors, ..
- Fuse sensor data to provide integrated information to systems and operators
- streamline interactions and data between operators and various conveyor or lift systems
- any solution that requires combining various data sources and logic in a robust system
What connectivity is supported ?
WMS / ERP
Connect to any WMS or ERP system (e.g. SAP, Manhattan, MS Dynamics etc…) supporting REST, SOAP or FTP data exchange
Raw data exchange
Hook up any system using TCP/IP streams for sending/receiving raw data. Smartpick I/O can act as a configurable TCP/IP server, ready to handle any type of data.
IoT systems integration
Want to connect existing systems to sensors, location beacons or other IoT peripherals?
Smartpick I/O has IoT MQTT connectivity built-in.
Using Smartpick I/O built-in and configurable server-side screen scraping you can easily integrate any legacy system with modern peripherals.
Screen scraping can build and maintain sessions with any existing character-based terminal and transform the available screen interactions to internal data for further use. In this way old legacy workflows can be used as a starting point for extension and customization to be connected with the latest state of the art systems and devices.
Learn more about using Smartpick for your next project